Interns will help facilitate a weekday camp Monday-Friday. Each week will serve a different group of 25 children. Alongside the national camp staff, interns will help carry out Bible stories, crafts, music, dancing, games, talent shows, etc. Interns will be responsible for developing a five day Bible Story plan to teach each week. Time is set aside for excursions, cultural activities, shopping, and sightseeing. Anyone with an interest in Latvian or Russian language studies would have ample opportunities to work on their language skills.
The cost of serving in Latvia is $1,800 plus airfare (approximately an additional $1,700 roundtrip from Orlando). These costs cover housing, meals, in-country transportation, interpreters, excursions, insurance, and snacks/bottled water.
The interns will stay in a rented furnished apartment with the other interns and the Orphan’s Heart leader. Male and Female interns will have separate bedrooms. The kitchen and common spaces will be shared. Group meal preparation and housekeeping will be part of the intern responsibilities.
Summer 2018 Session runs June 1 – June 30
How to Apply
All individuals interested in participating in the Orphan’s Heart internship program must complete the following:
- Fill out the Internship Application.
- Send in a minimum of 3 written reference letters of recommendation to Missions@OrphansHeart.org.
- Complete a phone interview with an Orphan’s Heart staff member.
- Complete a background screening and pass a drug test.
- Obtain a note from a medical professional stating you are healthy enough to travel abroad for up to six weeks.
- Complete the Orphan’s Heart Internship Training.