“All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children.” – Isaiah 54:13 (NIV)
Uganda has one of the largest orphan populations per capita of any country in the world and is home to nearly 2 million orphans, according to UNICEF.
These children are part of families that have been devastated by extreme poverty and disease. According to the International Fund for Agricultural Development, 84 percent of Ugandans live in rural areas where children often lack access to quality education, proper nutrition and medical care.
Orphan’s Heart has built a medical clinic and two school buildings for Genesis Primary School. Lives are being changed because of the educational resources, nutritious food and spiritual support provided! We need your help to touch more lives and to sponsor these precious children!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Join us on a mission: There are multiple mission trips planned to Uganda this year! Click here to see the calendar of upcoming trips.
- Donate needed materials: The children of Uganda are in need of books, clothing for children ages 3-12, permanent markers and disinfectant wipes.
- Sponsor a child: For $35 a month, you can provide life-changing educational, nutritional and spiritual support to a child in Uganda. Click here to change a child’s life by sponsoring them today.
UPCOMING TRIP DETAILS
To see a list of upcoming mission trips in Uganda click here.
- As many as 15 team members can serve together at one time. Pick a date and invite your friends and family members to join you for a life-changing mission for children.You can also join an open team of volunteers compiled of passionate servants from around the country.
- The cost of the trip is $1,100 (subject to change) plus airfare.* (*airfare fluctuates depending on dates of travel and departure city)
- On our mission trips all expenses are included. These expenses include housing, meals, visas and transportation.
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE
- Ministry & evangelism: Work alongside social workers to visit the homes of sponsored children and families; help distribute food and supplies while sharing your faith through action and words.
- Volunteer in the school: Read to a class, lead an art project, teach a science experiment, serve lunch and provide encouragement to the teaching staff at Genesis Primary School.
- Biblical teaching: Lead hundreds of children at Awana Club, teach Bible stories and reinforce the messages by sharing a craft activity.
- Medical care: Utilize your professional medical skills by working in the clinic alongside national staff on community clinic days.
- Cultural exposure: Experience the beauty of Uganda as you visit the Nile River, shop at a local market and interact with friendly locals.
Thank you for coming with us on a journey to impact ONE MORE CHILD in Uganda.