“There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children.” – Nelson Mandela
During South Africa’s apartheid era, racial segregation divided many people. Due to racial tensions many individuals were forced out of the cities into makeshift “townships.” These communities continue to have substandard housing, limited infrastructure and too few schools and job opportunities.
Children in these townships suffer from lack of physical and spiritual nourishment. Though the country’s post-apartheid laws now offer full equality for all people, prosperity was not redistributed when the social structure was reformed.
Many South Africans continue to heal from the injustices of the past and children and families continue to live in makeshift townships. Crime, violence, and poverty plague many of these areas.
By providing Christ-centered education and care to children we guide them toward positive life choices and most importantly, toward Christ.
How to Get Involved
- Join us on a mission trip: There are multiple mission trips planned to South Africa this year! Click here to view the calendar of upcoming trips.
- Support our feeding program: Help sustain our long-term ministry with a financial gift. Make a gift today to change the lives of children.
- Pray for South Africa: Pray for the stability and safety of children living in the South African communities we work in.
Mission trip details
To see a list of upcoming mission trips in South Africa click here.
- As many as 15 team members can serve together at one time. Choose a date and invite your friends, family members or church groups to join you for a life-changing mission for children. You can also join an open team of volunteers compiled of passionate servants from around the country.
- The cost of the trip is $1,300 (subject to change) plus airfare*. (*airfare fluctuates depending on dates of travel and departure city)
- On our mission trips all expenses are included. These expenses include housing, meals, visas and transportation.
Opportunities to Serve
- Children’s ministry: Participate in afternoon kids’ and teens’ clubs by contributing to the teaching of Bible stories with skits and activities.
- Community outreach: Help teach parenting workshops for new moms.
- Ministry partner engagement: Be an encouragement to our national partner’s staff in their daily work.
- Cultural exposure: Experience the culture and history of South Africa while enjoying the natural beauty of Cape Town.
Thank you for joining us on a journey to impact ONE MORE CHILD in South Africa!