According to UNICEF, there are more than 370,000 orphans in Guatemala and the chronic malnutrition rate for children under five years old is 50 percent, the fourth highest in the world.
In 2008, Orphan’s Heart began helping meet the incredible needs of these precious children at the Malnutrition Center in San Juan. Because of dedicated staff and hard-working volunteers, the Malnutrition Center is helping meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of more children than ever before!
With so many children in various stages of malnutrition, there is work to be done and we need more mission volunteers to come alongside us.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Join us on a mission trip: There are many trips planned to Guatemala this year!
- Raise awareness: By sharing the message of what Orphan’s Heart is doing at the Malnutrition Center in Guatemala, you have the opportunity to encourage others to partner with us in this mission.
- Sponsor a child: For $35 a month, you can provide much-needed educational, nutritional and spiritual help to a child.
MISSION TRIP DETAILS
To see a list of upcoming mission trips in Guatemala, click here.
- As many as 50 team members can serve together at one time. Choose a date and invite your friends, family members and church groups to join you for a life-changing mission to impact children.
- The cost of the mission trip ranges from $700 to $1,100 plus airfare.*
- All expenses are included! These expenses include housing, meals, visas and transportation. (*Airfare varies depending on dates of travel and departure city. Orphan’s Heart will coordinate all logistics for you.)
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE
- Ministry and evangelism: Through Bible stories, singing, crafts and games, show the love of Christ to many children and be ready to receive it in return!
- Maintenance projects: Team members help provide a clean, well-functioning area for children by assisting with ongoing maintenance projects.
- International development: Participate in passing out donations and food baskets, as well as providing special training to families at the center, to help ensure a more sustainable future.
Thank you for coming with us on a journey to impact ONE MORE CHILD in Guatemala this year!