Located on the island of Hispaniola are millions of people living in poverty.
These include many precious children who do not know where their next meal will come from and who have tremendous physical and medical needs.
In partnership with the Dominican Republic government, Orphan’s Heart is involved with its largest project to date — the construction of a community that includes 100 single-family homes, a community transformation center and a church plant.
We need individuals and churches to help finish this project that will transform the lives of many special children and families!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Join us on a mission trip: There are many trips planned to the Dominican Republic this year!
- Make a financial gift: The cost of each home is approximately $12,500, and there is still a great need for financial gifts to complete this project!
- Sponsor a child: For $35 a month, you can provide much-needed educational, nutritional and spiritual support to a child.
MISSION TRIP DETAILS
To see a list of upcoming mission trips in the Dominican Republic, click here.
- As many as 20 team members can serve together at one time. Choose a date and invite your friends and family members to join you for a life-changing mission for children.
- The cost of the trip is $1,150 plus airfare.*
- All expenses are included! These expenses include housing, meals, visas and transportation. (*Airfare varies depending on dates of travel and departure city. Orphan’s Heart will coordinate all logistics for you.)
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE
- Ministry & evangelism: Whether sharing the Gospel or playing a baseball game, there are many ways to minister and work with local families and children. Put your skills to use in planning a special training or Bible school event!
- Construction work: Teams that raise dollars to build a home for a family have the opportunity to participate in the construction and beautifying of the home.
- Cultural exposure: Experience the beauty of the Dominican Republic as you travel through mountains and to beaches and historic landmarks.
Thank you for coming with us on a journey to impact ONE MORE CHILD in the Dominican Republic!