Bordering the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, Colombia is a country of breathtaking beauty, yet it continues to have many poverty needs to address.
Although Colombia has made positive steps toward progress nationwide, many children are neglected and living in dilapidated conditions. Almost one-third of Colombians live in poverty.
Through our partnership with a local church in Villeta, Orphan’s Heart is working to help meet physical and spiritual needs by bringing the hope of Jesus Christ to children and families.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Join us on a mission trip: There are many trips planned to Colombia this year!
- Donate needed materials: The children of Colombia are in need of backpacks, school supplies and Spanish language children’s Bibles.
- Sponsor a child: For $35 a month, you can provide much-needed educational, nutritional and spiritual support to a child.
MISSION TRIP DETAILS
To see a list of upcoming mission trips to Colombia, click here.
- As many as 20 team members can serve together at one time. Choose a date and invite your friends, family members and church groups to join you for a life-changing mission for children.
- The cost of the trip is $1,100 plus airfare.*
- All expenses are included! These expenses include housing, meals, visas and transportation. (*Airfare varies depending on dates of travel and departure city. Orphan’s Heart will coordinate all logistics for you.)
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE
- Ministry & evangelism: Teams will distribute food, provide for hungry children and help lead youth ministries and activities that include: singing, Bible stories, crafts, sports and games.
- Medical care: Volunteers help provide basic health care and screenings for children and adults. Clinics are held at a local hospital or in community centers/churches. We need doctors, nurses and other health care professionals to serve!
- Volunteer at a school: Reach children and teens in local schools. Teach them important life skills, help them practice English and interact with children through sports and games.
- Cultural exposure: Experience the beauty and culture of Colombia. Practice your Spanish, shop and take in the breathtaking views as you navigate the Colombian mountainside. Don’t forget to bring a soccer ball with you!
Thank you for coming with us on a journey to impact ONE MORE CHILD in Colombia this year!